*IMPORTANT TO READ BEFORE ATTENDING THE EVENT*
Plastic Free Event – no single use plastic to be brought to or used onsite thanks 🙂
This event is an honour system: We are a not for profit organisation that needs your help to continue into the future. Please adhere to the mentioned honesty system and donate prior to leaving the site on the day, to the acting Site Manager.
Event: Saturday 1st of April 2017, from 7am – 2pm at Greenmount Surf Life Saving Club, Marine Parade & Hill Street, Coolangatta QLD 4225
Stalls will be accessed via Marine Parade, drive into park via Surf Club driveway.
Rules & Conditions:
Insurances/ Licenses/ Registrations:
Stallholders must have
- The necessary City of Gold Coast and QLD State permits pertaining to the operation of the business where applicable.
- Public Liability Insurance
- Stallholders are responsible for supplying all equipment required to operate their business.
- All stalls can only use weights as no pegging permitted.
- In case of inclement weather stall holders tents must also have weights or sandbags available.
Bump In and Out:
- You will be met at the curb (see site map) at 6am by our smiling stall volunteers ready to help you unload as quickly as possible which will allow you to move your car.
- All stall holders bringing vehicles on site must leave the area by 7am unless trading out of them. (There is ample parking in carparks around the area).
- Bump out is from 2pm and no sooner.
- If you require to bring a vehicle onto the site YOU MUST advise the stall volunteers & hazard lights to be used at all times. (BRING a trolley just in case)
- Power will be accessible – however all necessary extension leads, power boards etc. from this point will need to be supplied by yourselves.
- All leads must be tested and tagged. If you need more power than stated in your application a fee will be charged.
- All Gas bottles must be in date and approved by a licensed company.
Stall Holder Sustainable Guidelines
Stalls and exhibitors are the backbone of events, but it is important for everyone involved to be made aware of the key messages of the event and this includes the sustainability attributes you must adhere to.
What to do:
- all stalls must use biodegradable takeaway containers & utensils
- all oils must be disposed of in compliance with EPA regulations
- any organics food waste must be disposed of in correct receptacle
Stall Holders will not:
- use polystyrene cups
- use non-recyclable plastics
- use non-biodegradable balloons
- use metallic ink or glossy paper for adverts
- offer plastic straws or spoons
- offer 1 time use plastic water bottles or bags
What to do:
- cater with seasonal produce
- use Fairtrade and organic foods
- source produce from reputable local suppliers
- provide vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options
- use crockery or biodegradable cups and plates
- ensure stall holders utilise the green waste service
- opt for eco‐friendly, biodegradable, recycled products such as organic and/or carbon neutral food and wine
- choose locally crafted organic gifts over those made from synthetic materials
- avoid using wrapping paper with foil, glitter or cellophane as these materials cannot be recycled
If you have any questions or would like to discuss aspects of these guidelines feel free to contact us 🙂