Calling all Eco Angels, Zero Wasters & Passionate Sustainable Event Fans
Days & Time: 10, 11 August, 4:30 – 9:30 pm & 12 August 10-12
Location: Outdoor Stage, 135 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217
Event: a three-night festival of light that will transform HOTA precinct into an enchanted illuminated setting featuring performances above and around, music, playful and immersive installations & culinary delights.
Would you like to volunteer as an Eco Angel to be a significant part of this event? If so please see the application form below.
We are looking for volunteers for 3 nights, 5 hrs each to assist us with the sustainable waste/resource management. Experience not necessary but a wish to wear Angel Wings & a passion for zero waste events is a benefit & training will be provided.
You will be required to:
- set up waste stations to make them look beautiful and appealing.
- attend waste stations and educate event attendees on our 4 bin system, organic, compost, recycle & landfill options.
- roam around the site pick up and advising attendees on our education programme.
- attend the waste sorting area (this is where the magic happens) to transfer waste to the correct receptacle to gain a maximum diversion from landfill percentage.
- bring your own covered in shoes, hat, sunscreen, water bottle, tutu’s
Please see this link to our previous event at HOTA, Concert for the Planet which will give you an insight to the sustainable system you will be an important part of.