Calling all Eco Angels, Wasters & Passionate Sustainable Event Fans + Surfrider Foundation stall helpers!
CONCERT FOR THE PLANET
Time: Sat 24 Mar, 3 pm (main concert 7.30 pm AEST)
Location: Outdoor Stage, 135 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217
Genre: Family, Music
Would you like to volunteer as an Eco Angel to be a significant part of this iconic Earth Hour event? If so please see below the application form.
We are looking for volunteers in 2 shifts of approx. 3 hrs each to assist us with the sustainable waste management for this event. Experience not necessary but welcome, training will be provided.
You will be required to:
- set up waste stations to make them look beautiful and appealing.
- attend waste stations and educate event attendees on our 4 bin system, organic, compost, recycle & landfill options.
- roam around the site pick up and advising attendees on our education programme.
- attend the waste sorting area (this is where the magic happens) to transfer waste to the correct receptacle to gain a maximum diversion from landfill percentage.
- bring your own covered in shoes, hat, sunscreen, water bottle
HOTA and the Global Orchestra Foundation present:
In celebration of Earth Hour, we bring you an evening of discovery and symphonic experience, transforming the parkland into a classical music soundscape.
The Gold Coast Philharmonic Orchestra, extended to include over 100 local musicians, will perform Holst’s The Planets with conductor Lachlan Snow.
This spectacular concert will be live-streamed globally, enabling musicians and communities to play together. Join this unique event at HOTA with a picnic under the stars.
In the second-ever Concert for the Planet, HOTA has partnered with the Global Orchestra Foundation, in a commitment to make positive change for our future.